- On March 2nd, The Gaslight Anthem, Living Colour, Matt Nathanson, The Smithereens, Bettye LaVette, and Bobby McFerrin (among others) will be paying tribute to The Who at Carnegie Hall in NYC. 100% of the net proceeds from this event to benefit: Fixing Instruments for Kids in Schools, Church Street School for Music & Art, The Pinwheel Project, Music Unites, The American Symphony Orchestra and Young Audiences New York. For those who can’t attend the March 2nd show can also attend a live rehearsal show on March 1st. [Read More]
- Streetlight Manifesto has posted the track listing for the first volume in their 99 Songs of Revolution series. The disc features covers of The Dead Milkmen, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Radiohead, Bad Religion, and more. [Read More]
- Cancer Bats have posted a video for their cover of the Beastie Boys‘ “Sabatoge.” The video can be seen HERE, but you’ll have to first post a link to your Twitter or Facebook page in order to view the video (as per the band).
- Reckless Kelly‘s new disc “Somewhere In Time” features 12 songs originally written by Pinto Bennett, founder of the Famous Motel Cowboys. [Read More]
- Finally, our Measuring Up feature on Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing” has been racking up the votes! Currently, the cast of Glee is dominating with 49% of the votes. Do you agree, or do you prefer Family Guy, Steel Panther, Number One Gun, or simply the original? [Vote Now]